Welcome to SASPA!
The San Antonio School for the Performing Arts was founded in 1984 by Nancy Grossenbacher with two major goals…
Now directed by Scott M. Conway the school has a faculty of professional teachers with a combined total experience of teaching and performance equal to over 500 years.
- The school has four state of the art sprung hardwood marley dance floors with multi-level barres and mirrors throughout.
- The largest two studios can also be converted into a theater for student performances.
- The school has five music rooms for students of voice or instrumental training.
- The school offers two observation weeks a year, November and March, where parents and relatives are invited in the classrooms for a week to observe the accomplishments of our students.
- A dressing room is available to students between classes and is separate from the restrooms. Men and women have separate restrooms from children. Dressing rooms have mirrors and shelving for student storage. Lockers are available to students who are in school companies.
- The school has a kitchen for students to keep snacks cold or warm-up in a micro-wave.
- Drinking fountains are located on both floors for the convenience of the students.
- The school also offers video surveillance in all dance studios, music studios and the exterior of the building.
- The director’s office and the school office are on location.
- The Alamo City Dance Co. and Alamo City Performing Arts Association have an office on site as well.