Registration is easy. School curriculum includes classes for pre-school thru professionals.
School policies will be reviewed with each new student and a guardian if student is under 18.
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE AND POLICIES MUST BE FILLED OUT ON LINE for each session at (saspa.org). Changes and or billing information as well as medical information should be updated to keep the school informed and to avoid any late payments should your card be compromised.
The once a year annual registration fee is $70.00. There is no registration for fall, winter spring and summer separately.
Students that drop any time, must pay a new registration to return.
The registration fee will not be pro-rated.
Students registering for summer do not have to pay another registration fee for fall.
All tuition is due on the 1st of each month. Tuition paid after the 10th will be charged a $20.00 late fee. Inside the school there is a locked mail box for tuition drop off. Tuition payments should be paid regularly on-line by credit card. We do not do split payments from separate family members for one student. Clients that set up their tuition on a credit card do not risk the late fee except when the card has been charged 2 times and been declined both times. This too will be charged a $20.00 late fee.
Registered student hourly tuition rate is based on the SLIDING SCALE OF TUITION. Meaning the more classes registered for, the lower the hourly rate. Non-registered students pay $25.00 per class. $15.00 per class with a union or professional affiliation card.
A new student TRIAL CLASS / DROP-IN CLASS RATE fee is $25.00. If student decides to register, part of the paid $25.00 will be put toward the registration fee. No refunds on trial class fees.
School office needs to be notified of any and all changes.
Tuition is the same each month as holidays and longer months have been figured to balance out for both the student and the school. August and June are exception months as they are half tuition months. This balances out to a perfect 10 month program.
Subsequent family members, after the first registered student, receive a $5.00 tuition discount on total monthly tuition.
A $35.00 fee will be charged for a returned checks.
Paid tuition can NOT be carried over from one session to another, a Camp, workshop or Master Class etc. Tuition is only applied to registered programs.
Make-up classes are allowed 1 month prior or 1 month post a missed lesson.
There are no tuition credits for unused hours in any session or program.
Student may use a make-up card for any missed class in an equal or one level lower and or try another discipline interested in.
The student picks up a make-up card from the office and presents it to the teacher when making up a class. Three consecutive lessons missed can affect students placement in levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. This can also affect the students participation in the end of the year school performance. A decision of participation will be made by the director and teacher of class and any fees paid are not refunded.
MAKE-UP POLICY Student may use a make-up card for any missed class in an equal or one level lower within 30 days before or after. The student picks up a make-up card from the office and presents it to the teacher when making up a class. Three consecutive lessons missed can affect students placement in levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. This can also affect the students participation in the end of the year school performance. This will be decided by director and teacher of class and any fees paid are not refunded.
Student should arrive 10 – 15 minutes prior to class to dress, stretch and mentally prepare for class. Students that practice this get more out of their classes and progress faster.
A POSITIVE ATTITUDE regardless of a students day can be a terrific place to relax the mind and focus on an art we love to forget our troubles. Student should not bring outside problems, issues into the classroom.
Students should be in class room, stretching and warming up, ready to take class prior to the teacher entering the room. Exception, when there is a class in the room prior to student’s class, then students wait in hall with the teacher.
No jewelry or watches should be worn in class for safety reasons. Stud earrings are acceptable.
- SASPA is NOT responsible for the loss of any money, phones or valuables brought into the building.
- Body language from a student is critical. Students should never hang on the barre, stand with crossed arms or talk back to the teacher.
- Proper attire (See Uniform Codes) is required in all classes. Bring necessities to class ie; pointe shoes, small towel for sweat and water bottle if wanted. Water bottles are not allowed in the Joffrey studio do to the fact that water acts like bleach on the curtains. The uniform keeps the class in a clean visual environment enabling the teacher to more readily see things to correct and or focus on.
- Hair should be in a bun for all ballet classes. All other classes hair must be in a bun or pulled back off the face. A pony tail hitting the student in the eyes during turns is unacceptable as it forces the student to develop bad habits. Hair everywhere and everyone looking different is very distracting.
- Classes are to learn and develop clean technique, accept and understand rules and why they apply.
- Corrections made by the teacher should be considered constructive for each student, not taken personally. All students in every class should try to apply every correction, whether it was given to them or another student. This is a good way for each student to keep a check list on their individual development and try to apply everything talked about in class. Corrections are what the teacher is telling each student so they may better themselves not a personal attack.
- Fellow students should support and acknowledges each others accomplishments. (Applause)
- Gum is not allowed in the school. Food and drink other than water is only allowed in the kitchen area. No smoking allowed anywhere.
- Acknowledgement of every teacher should always be a part of every student’s classroom etiquette. (Reverance).