REGISTRATION PROCEDURE AND POLICIES
Registration fee of $50.00 is reduced by half subsequent years if paid by May 31st each year for returning students.
Registration fee can not be pro-rated.
Registration in the fall automatically carries over to the spring.
Registration fee will be honored if student returns within the same semester.
A new student trial class is $25.00 and will be applied toward part of registration fee upon registering. No refunds on trial class fees.
Tuition is set up on the first day of classes. Visa, MC, Am Ex, Discover cash and check are accepted.
Tuition is the same each month based on classes student is registered for. August and June are exception months as they are half tuition months.
Tuition is paid monthly or can be paid by semester and is late after the fifth of each month.
After the first family member is registered, subsequent family members, receive $5.00 tuition discount on total monthly tuition.
Tuition is not adjusted for absences or holidays as the calendar has been previously figured out with school holidays balancing out extra classes students receive during some months. Tuition is the same each month based on classes student is registered for. August and June are exception months as they are half tuition months.
A $25.00 late fee will be charged for tuition not paid by the fifth of each month unless prior arrangements have been made.
A $35.00 fee will be charged for a returned check.
Paid tuition can not be carried over from one session to another, from a Camp, Workshop or Master Class and applied to other programs or classes.
All tuition paid must me be used for the Camp, Classes, Workshops or Master Classes signed up for. There are no tuition credits for unused hours in any program signed up for.
CONTINUING STUDENT RATE is a $15.00 per month discount for unlimited students. Requirements are that the student must have registered early, for fall, by May 31st and studied a minimum of four weeks of unlimited classes during the summer.
Make-up classes will not be carried over past one month.
Three consecutive lessons missed will affect students placement in levels A, B, C, 1, 2, 3, 4 in any semester and could possibly forfeit participation in end of the year school performance. This will be decided by director and teacher of class and any fees paid will not be re-imbursed.
STUDENT PROGRESS AND DEVELOPMENT
Students who do not take a minimum of four weeks of classes during the summer will not be promoted in the fall.
Most students take more than one year to fully understand, execute and accomplish the curriculum taught in each level.
Students progress at different rates based on focus, number of classes enrolled in and dedication. Promotion is not based on age.
PRIVATE INSTRUCTION (Dance, Instrumentation or Voice)
Tuition is paid directly to the teacher.
PROFESSIONAL CLASS RATE
$10.00 for an hour class.
$12.00 for an hour and a half class.
$15.00 for a two hour class.
Payment will be made prior to class.
These rates are for union members of professional productions ie; regional tours, regional productions, Broadway Shows, Cruise ships, professional dance company’s and teachers / dancers affiliated with a higher institute of learning.
- Cash, check or credit card is accepted.
- Fees may not be transferred or extended towards future tuition sessions.
- Tuition is non-refundable and missed classes must be made up within the session that they occurred.
- No tuition credits are given for missed classes unless
classis cancelledby the studio.
- Private Instruction – Tuition is paid directly to the teacher.
Family rates are available to families with more than one child enrolled in classes. The student in the highest level will pay full tuition. Each additional student will receive $3.00 off monthly tuition.
Evaluation is free, but once a level is determined the registration fee and hourly rates apply.
Parents or guardians who wish to withdraw their child from the School must submit, in writing, to the School Office a notice that the child will be leaving the school. Parents/guardians will be responsible for all tuition up to the point in which SASPA has received written notification of the student’s withdrawal.
- Students must wear the approved uniform in all programs.
- Female Ballet Students: Black leotard, pink tights and pink ballet slippers. (See uniform codes for each discipline offered)
- Male students: Black tights or black bike shorts, white T-shirt, Black socks,black ballet slippers. (See uniform codes for each discipline offered)
- Character: Black character skirt and Character shoes.
- Hair must be pulled back away from face and secured neatly in a bun – including bangs.
- Jewelry must not be worn in class for the safety of all students.
- All students are asked to wear cover-ups in and out of the school over dance attire for modesty reasons to the regular public.
- (Please label all shoes, tights and leotards)
Student’s are taught what is expected in the classroom and rehearsal settings. Hair must always be pulled away from the face and in a bun. Cover-ups are recommended to be worn over dance attire to and from SASPA.
ATTENDANCE & BEHAVIOR
Tardiness, improper attire, poor attendance
- No chewing gum.
- Students may not enter class late or leave class without permission from the instructor.
- Students who arrive 15 minutes late may observe the class but not participate.
- Cell phones are not allowed in
- Food and drink, other than water, are not permitted in the
- Friends and family should wait in the lobby (no observation of class is allowed unless the director and teacher agree)
ATTIRE NOT ALLOWED
Boxer shorts, jewelry, watches, jeans, T-shirts, halter tops, food, drinks, smoking or gum. Street shoes are not allowed on dance floors or dance shoes outside.
OBSERVATION WEEKS Take place two times a year, the first week in November and March annually. This is not mandatory for parents to attend.
SASPA OBSERVED HOLIDAYS
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Winter Holidays / New Years
- Spring Break
- Fourth of July
Personal property is NOT SASPA’S RESPONSIBILITY! Please write student’s name in all belongings to facilitate finding lost property.