Year Round Professional Level Dance Lessons
School curriculum includes classes for pre-school thru professional.
Ballet is taught using the styles of Russian technique (Vaganova) and Italian (Cecchetti) in order to train a technically clean and concise professional dancer. (Similar to the California Ballet and the Joffrey Ballet)
Jazz is a cross section of contemporary high energy west coast combined with east coast Broadway.
Tap is taught in a Broadway style with rhythm influence.
Hip Hop is taught in a manner of clean street moves that is age appropriate. SASPA does not teach Twerking.
- 5MUSICGARTEN (Ages 2-6)
- 5DANCE BASICS (Ages 3, 4, 5, 6) Combination Class
- 5CLASSICAL BALLET (10 Levels) (Ages 2-Professional)
- 5BOYS CLASS (Levels 1-6, ages 5-Older
- 5ROLLER AND MASSAGE (Must be level 3 and above)
- 5STRETCH (Levels 3 and older)
- 5TURNS & JUMPS (Levels 3 and up)
- 5VARIATIONS (Levels 4 and up)
- 5PAS DE DEUX / Partnering (Levels 4 and up)
- 5Contemporary / Lyrical (Levels 4 and up)
- 5ADULT BALLET (Ages 15 and older)
- 5ACRO-TUMBLING (Levels 1 and Up) (Ages 5 and older)
- 5HIP HOP (Levels 1-6) (Ages 5 and older)
- 5JAZZ (Levels 1-6) (Ages 5 and older)
- 5MUSICAL THEATRE DANCE & SINGING
- 5Levels 1-6) (Ages 5 and older)
- 5TAP (Level 1-6) (Ages 5 ad older)
- 5BELLY DANCE (Levels 1-6) (Ages 5 and older)
- 5FLAMENCO (Spanish) (Levels 1-6) (Ages 6 and older)
- 5FOLKLORICO (Mexican) (Levels 1-6) (Ages 5 and up)
- 5SCOTTISH HIGHLAND (Levels 1-6 ) (Ages 5 and older)
- 5ADULT JAZZ (Levels 1-6) (Ages 15 and older)
- 5ADULT TAP (Levels 1-6) (Ages 5 and older)
- 5ACTING Levels (1-4) (Ages 6 and older)
- 5BASS / GUITAR (Beg. – Prof.)
- 5BRASS INSTRUMENTS (Beg. – Prof.)
- 5FLUTE (Beg. – Prof.)
- 5OBOE (Beg. – Prof.)
- 5PERCUSSION / DRUMS (Beg. – Prof.)
- 5PIANO (Beg. – Prof.)
- 5VIOLIN (Beg. – Prof.)
- 5VOICE (Beg. – Prof.)
- 5WOODWINDS (Beg. – Prof.)
- 5MUSICAL THEATRE CAMPS OF S.A.
- 5MUSICAL THEATRE CAMPS OF S.A. Levels 1-6) (Ages 5 and older)
- 5ZUMBA (Ages 13 and older)
Note: Children basically start in Dance Basics or letters 1/2/3. Adults / teens basically start in level 3 or 4 or above.
See Class descriptions & Divisions below for a better understanding of what ages are placed in which classes.
CLASS DIVISIONS / CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
Kids/Children’s Dance Lessons
Dance Basics 3/4 and 5/6 Ages 3, 4, 5, 6
Students may start as young as 2, (restroom trained so the teacher doesn’t have to deal with this during class). Class is 1 hour in length. The class begins with a fundamental structured disciplined environment. Proper ballet terminology is emphasized from a young age. Special attention is given to the physical, emotional and mental developmental needs of our youngest students. In young children the muscles and bones are delicate therefore our focus is to teach an understanding of how the body works physically. At the half hour mark the students change to tap shoes. Here the young students develop good musicality, timing and rhythm. The teacher will decide which discipline will be performed in the end of the year recital. The five and six year old continues to build upon Dance Basics 3/4. More steps and terminology are introduced both in ballet and tap. The levels in this division help the young student enter the intermediate division with more poise and confidence.
Is for 7 year olds. The class is 1 hour in length basically consisting of a 1/2 hour barre and 1/2 hour center. Continuing to build on the skills learned in Ballet Dance Basics, students are given more difficult steps and terminology both at the barre and center.
Is for 8 year olds. The class is 1 hour in length. Students learn the positions of the body, more complicated steps and continue to build and expand on the Ballet techniques from Ballet A.
Is for 9 and older. The class is 1 to 1.5 hours in length. Students learn the positions of the body, more complicated steps and continue to build and expand on the technique from Ballet Classes A and B. This level is where pre-pointe is begun for the more serious student. It is recommended that the student start taking two classes a week at this point in development.
Is for 7 year old beginners. This Jazz Class is 1 hour in length consisting of a warm-up and then simple steps across the floor.
Is for 8 year olds and beginners. Class is 1 hour in length consisting of a warm-up and then simple steps across the floor followed by short combinations developing the memory skills of the dancer.
Is for 9 and older. Class is 1 hour in length consisting of a strength warm-up and short combinations across the floor building on the training from levels A and B.
Hip Hop 1/2
Is for students who are beginners to dance. Class is 1 hour in length. Students are introduced to the basic movements of Hip Hop and isolations. Students who study ballet and jazz definitely progress faster in hip hop.
Is for 7-9 years of age and new students never exposed to tap at any age. Class is 1 hour in length. Terminology, technique and quality of sounds is tap A emphasizes. Students who have had Dance Basics and retain training may possibly skip this level.
Is for ages 4 – 10. Class starts with a ten to fifteen minute warm-up This allows the muscles to get prepared for class and helps to prevent injury. The the class will move on to mat work, working on everything from forward and backward rolls to handstands, cartwheels, back bends and much more! The class will also be introduced to a low balance beam. Every class will end with a stretch and a dialogue, to see what was learned each day.